Technology can be a huge benefit or an annoying hindrance for a business. It really depends on how it is maintained or used. Just like the PC in the 1980s, Internet access in the 1990s, and the advent of social media over the past decade or so, there are a couple interesting technologies that, if properly used for business, can bring substantial value for workers, customers, and the organization as a whole. Let’s take a look at three innovative new technologies.
3 Hot New Techs
Augmented Reality (AR) offers businesses various opportunities to enhance operations, engage customers, and improve efficiency. Here are a few ways AR can be used by businesses.
- Product Visualization – Customers can try out a product or view it in an environment outside of the store before purchase.
- Remote Assistance and Training – AR face-up designs can revolutionize training and remote assistance.
- Enhanced Marketing and Advertising – AR is a great medium for improving advertising and marketing of products.
- Maintenance and Repair – With AR, people without experience can be taken step-by-step through maintenance and repair processes.
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things is one of the fastest-growing technologies out there. As a result, different types of businesses can utilize IoT technology to become more efficient. Here are some of the ways IoT technology works for small businesses:
- Security and Access Control – Install IoT-enabled security cameras, motion sensors, and smart locks to monitor and secure the office. Access can be controlled using mobile apps or keycards.
- Energy Management – Employ IoT sensors and devices to monitor and manage energy usage in real time, helping to reduce energy costs.
- Environmental Monitoring – Use IoT sensors to track indoor air quality, temperature, humidity, and noise levels, ensuring a healthy and comfortable workspace.
- Asset Tracking – Employ IoT devices to track the location of office equipment, such as laptops, projectors, or other valuable assets.
- Inventory Management – Implement IoT solutions to track inventory levels automatically and trigger reorder alerts when supplies are running low.
AI has become one of the most transformative technologies in recent memory. Computer programs that can learn to do tasks more effectively are not going to get old. Here are a few ways businesses can leverage AI:
- Customer Support and Chatbots – Chatbots can answer frequently asked questions, assist with basic troubleshooting, and even schedule appointments or orders. They operate 24/7, improving customer service and reducing response times.
- Data Analytics and Insights – AI can uncover valuable patterns and insights that can inform your marketing strategies, product development, and inventory management.
- Inventory Management Optimization – AI can predict demand, manage inventory levels, and even suggest optimal reorder points. This can reduce costs and prevent overstock or stockouts.
Implement New Technology With Our Help
New technologies aren’t always as useful as this, but no matter how big or small your organization is, these three technologies can make a huge difference to your business by building efficiency. If you would like to talk to one of our knowledgeable consultants about getting new and exciting technology working for your business, give us a call today at 813-749-0895.